Ever had a super ripe avocado that you know you got to get rid of, but you didn’t feel like just eating it plain? So then you proceeded to think, should I make guacamole? But then you realized you don’t even have chips to go with it? Also, you’re craving something sweet. So here’s a nice, easy, delicious remedy!
Some may call this a Key Lime Pie, but I disagree. Because first of all, I didn’t use limes, I used a lemon. Also, I didn’t add in any oils, refined sugars, or any other extra things. I wanted to keep it at the bare minimum/simple so that it’d be super easy to make while being super tasty at the same time!
You Will Need:
– A blender and a food processor if you’d like. But I just used a blender.
– 1/4 Cup of Walnuts
– 9-10 Pitted Dates
– 1/4 Cup of Rolled Oats
– 1 Ripe Avocado
– Juice of 1/2 lemon – 1 lemon (1 lemon will make it super tangy but the agave nectar balances it out nicely)
– 4 Tablespoons of Raw Agave Nectar
- Pulse the walnuts and rolled oats first
- Add in the pitted dates until the ingredients mix/blend together nicely
- Press the crust mixture into your bowl (or pie pan which you’d have to increase the ingredients amount) until it makes a nice crust
- Blend your Ripe Avocado, Lemon juice, & Agave Nectar until it is thick and creamy. Adjust to your taste
- Pour the mixture into the crust
- Place into the freezer for at least an hour and enjoy~
Note: Some people like to add in coconut oil, etc. But, I didn’t want to do that. You can add in vanilla extract too.