Rather than having to go to your pie tin, cut a slice, and then carefully shimmy it onto your plate while possibly ruining the form in the process … why not just have a mini pie in a bowl? No heating or cooking necessary! So easy, so deliciously sweet and juicy! I just made this today and gave a “pie” bowl to my mother and she absolutely loved it as well! We both devoured ours while watching our dramas hehe So, ready to give it a shot?
You Will Need:
– A Blender / Food Processor
– 1 Cup of Walnuts (or any other kind of nut you prefer)
– 1 Cup of Pitted Dates (5-10 ranging on how sticky and sweet you want the crust)
– 1 1/2 Cups of Mixed Frozen Berries
Notes: Can use Fresh ones as well. I used frozen ones so that I wouldn’t have to really wait for it to chill in the fridge hehe
– 1 Ripe Banana
– Coconut Meat of 1 Young Coconut
- Pulse the Walnuts a few times (or until it reaches at least halfway to the texture you want it to be in the end)
- Add in your Pitted Dates and Pulse until the two mix well and become smooth (or chunky)
- Take out the mixture and press into a small bowl on hand
- Blend/Puree your Frozen Mixed Berries
- Add in your Banana and Coconut Meat and puree until it is thick and creamy
- Pour the Filling into your bowl crust, top with a few berries and enjoy!
Note: Depends on how big your bowls are, but mine fit the palm of my hand well, so I was able to make 2. Could have made 3 if I distributed the crust more evenly as I had some filling leftover.
Have a bite~ Enjoy and tell me how it goes!