During the Summer, I just keep craving something sweet, but refreshing. Juicy is a plus, but definitely just really want ice cream. I didn’t want to go with the obvious simple banana ice cream. I wanted something that would leave me with a refreshing after taste: mint. I love Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream, but I obviously was thinking “I ain’t got time for freezing it and I’m missing some ingredients! I want something so simple and quick!” So, here’s an experiment that to me was successful! Try it out and tell me how it goes!
You will need:
– A Blender
– 1 Frozen Banana
– Mint Leaves (you can sub with peppermint extract or irish moss gel)
– 6-8 Soaked Cashews
– Ice Cubes optional
Note: If you want it to be sweeter, then add less cashews or more bananas. More mint leaves for a greater “mintiness.” The ice cubes are for if you want an extra cool “crunch” without the calories.
- Ice crush the Ice cubes in the Blender until it reaches a little bigger than the kind of “crunch” you want
- Add in the cashews and pulse/blend until it reaches the texture you want
- Add in your frozen bananas and mint leaves and pulse it until it becomes creamy. Do not overdo it otherwise it will become more like a smoothie
- Can place in the freezer to harden it up a bit or enjoy on the spot!
Hope you enjoy this, because I know I am right now as I write this!