Trust me, this is definitely worth trying!
You will need:
– A Spiralizer
– 2-3 Zucchinis/Squash/Cucumber (You can choose whichever you prefer or you can do a mix and match of those three. I chose to use cucumbers for this. Use big, straight ones preferably. It’ll be easier to spiralize)
– 2-3 Carrots (Really depends on how much you want to consume. Also, these are optional)
– 3-4 cups of Cherry Tomatoes (Depends on how much sauce you want and how “tomato-y” you want. Plus, if you want to plop some on top then have extra!)
– 3-4 cloves of Garlic
– A Handful or 3-4 sprigs of Fresh Basil Leaves (About a 1/2 cup-1 cup)
– A Handful or 3-4 sprigs of Fresh Oregano (About a 1/2 cup – 1 cup)
– Half of a Lemon (or Lemon Juice. About 2 Tablespoons)
- Spiralize your Zucchini/Squash/Cucumber (whichever you chose) Also spiralize the Carrots. You can use Kelp Noodles as well Note: After you spiralize the vegetables, there will be the “core” . Do not throw those away. You will use those!
- Blend the “cores” leftover from the spiralized noodles with the Cherry Tomatoes and Garlic. Also add in about 1/4 a zucchini/cucumber/squash if you want the mixture to be thicker (Highly advise this)
- Add in the cloves of Garlic, Basil, and Oregano. Blend some more
- Squeeze/Add in the lemon juice and blend some more. Blend to the kind of texture you wish. I prefer slightly chunky and not too runny
- Pour the marinara onto your noodles, stir, and enjoy! Feel free to add some whole cherry tomatoes on top as well!
Note: Depending on your blender, you may need to add in some water (I did) to help the marinara blend. This recipe is very variable because the flavor is really up to you. If you want it to be more tart, then add in more lemon juice. Add in as many cherry tomatoes as you want as well!
Note: You can also use a food processor. Also, I highly recommend throwing this over kelp noodles. Absolutely delicious!
Enjoy your noodles and tell me how it goes~