Since this is such an easy recipe with the need of Korean “staples”, it is perfect for me to make to eat along with my rice! Especially during college. Why eat crappy fast food when I can make this easily?
You Will Need:
– 1 pack of Tofu
Note: A whole pack will make a lot! If you want less, then just reduce the measurements of the ingredients in half.
– 2 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce
– 2 Tablespoons of Sesame Oil
– 1-2 Tablespoons of Honey Powder (Can use honey, brown sugar, or white sugar too)
– 1-2 Tablespoons of Hot Chili Pepper Flakes (depending on how spicy you want it)
– 2 cloves of Minced Garlic
– 1 Chopped Green Onion
– Oil for the Frying Pan (You can use sesame oil here too. That’s what I did)
- Slice the Tofu into bite size rectangle pieces
- Place the bite size pieces onto a paper towel or napkin to get some of the extra water out optional but helpful
- Heat up your Frying Pan and add in your oil
- Place the tofu pieces onto your frying pan and lower the heat to low-medium heat
- Cook the pieces for about 5 minutes or until the bottoms are golden brown
- Flip each piece over and cook for another 5 minutes or until golden brown
- Once the pieces are done cooking, place them onto a plate or wherever you wish
Sauce (YangNyeomJang) 양념장:
- In a bowl, mix together your Garlic, Hot Pepper Flakes, Honey/Sugar, Soy Sauce, Sesame Oil, and Chopped Green Onion
- Pour this sauce over your tofu and pieces and enjoy~
Hope you enjoy and tell me how it goes!