Ever wanted to drink something mint-y, but not really the whole chocolate mint ordeal or a straight up toothpaste-tasting drink?
Well, I have and I was craving something that would leave me feeling cool & refreshed during this hot summer.
What I have here is a smoothie that felt so refreshing and chill as I drank it, while satisfying my sweet tooth at the same time. I felt clean, relaxed, and satisfied afterward hehe~
You will need:
– A Blender
– 2 Cups of Frozen Berries (I used mixed berries: blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries)
– 1/2 Cup or 3 Sprigs of Fresh Mint Leaves
– 1 Cup of Almond Milk (or any milk, but I prefer non-dairy)
– 2 Tablespoons of Raw Agave Nectar or Honey (Adjust depending on how sweet you want it)
– Cacao Powder optional
- (I was hoping for a chocolate-y taste like mint chocolate berry, but you need to put in a lot for it to really make any impact. If you want that taste, opt for chocolate chips instead.)
Note: Yields about 3-4 cups, so that would be 2-4 servings depending on how much each person drinks. I personally like to drink a lot hehe
- Blend/Puree the Frozen Berries and the Almond Milk first
- Add in the Mint Leaves and your sweetener(s)
- Blend the mixture to the texture that you prefer. If you blend it for longer, it will become runny though so beware~
Drink and enjoy while relaxing out in the Sun~