Get it? the Dates and the fruit are interacting with each other to the point of dating hehe
Okay, I know lame on the word play, but I sort of did my best hehe. If you guys have any better suggestions DEFINITELY feel free to let me know ^^
I ran out of bananas, but wanted to make a Berry smoothie. I have frozen mixed berries and personally, those can be pretty sour. I did not want to use any sugar, honey, agave nectar, or anything so I turned to dates! What’s so great about Dates is that they can easily replace any sweetener! That’s right, no refined sugars or additives!
Anyways, this was definitely a sweet, refreshing smoothie that I made for myself, mother (age of 60), and her student (a young girl). We all enjoyed this, so this is definitely a drink that is perfect for all ages~ Had this hydrating drink for breakfast after a HIIT workout hehe
Anyways here’s the recipe:
You Will Need:
– A Blender
– 10 Pitted Dates (I used organic)
– 3 Handfuls of Mixed Berries (I used the frozen kind)
– 1 Cup of Almond Milk (I used Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla)
– 1/4 Cup of Water
-Makes two glasses-
- Blend your Dates, Water, and Almond Milk together until it becomes this frothy, smooth drink. (This can be a drink on its own. So sweet and delicious)
- Add in the Berries and blend(Frappe) until it’s this thick, creamy drink
- Pour and enjoy~
I don’t have a picture this time because I was in a bit of a rush, but it basically looks like a Berry smoothie, only it has that delicious creamy sweet taste that comes from the almond milk and especially the dates.
Hope you enjoy and tell me how it goes!