So my friend and I got together and decided to make something just cheesy and delish, but not too hearty. This dish was so savory, delicious, easy, and just way better than eating out. Ever craved some Italian Pasta? But didn’t want to have to pay $30 for one dish? This is definitely perfect! 🙂
You Will Need:
– 1/2 lb of Penne Pasta (I used Whole Wheat Organic)
Note: Or really any kind of pasta you want, just avoid the long noodles like spaghetti. Also, the amount will depend on your pan and how much you plan on making. You want to make enough to cover the bottom of your pan.
– 1-2 Tablespoons of Oil (I used Grapeseed Oil. You can use Olive Oil too)
– 1 can of crushed Tomatoes
– 3/4 Jar of store Bought Pasta Sauce (really any kind you want) (how much sauce you use is up to how much sauce you want)
– 1 Small Size Container of Ricotta Cheese (depends on how much you want as you spread it out in your pan)
– 1/2 Lb Fresh Shredded Mozzarella (Can adjust to how much you want on top)
– 3 Large Cloves of Garlic
– 1/2 Medium Yellow Onion
– 1/2 Cup or around 10 Fresh Basil Leaves
- Boil a large pot of water (Add salt to the water! To help with flavoring the pasta as well)
- Add in the Pasta and cook until it’s al dente (slightly chewy, right before it’s thoroughly cooked. Drain afterward. But while it’s cooking, start to prep your sauce)
- Chop up your garlic cloves and onion into small diced bits (really personal preference though)
- Heat up a pan or skillet or sauce pan over Medium Heat
- Add in the oil and move the pan around until the oil covers the bottom of the pan
- Add in the garlic and stir it around for a bit cooking it
- Add in the chopped onion half to the pan and cook around until the onions turn brown and slightly mushy
- Add the canned tomatoes into the pan and stir
- When the tomatoes start to bubble, reduce the heat to low
- Add in your chopped Basil Leaves and stir until the leaves slightly wilt
- Preheat your Broiler of your Oven to High
- In a Casserole Dish or Pan (with foil along it) add in your pasta
- Pour your pasta sauce over the top of the pasta.
- Add in your Ricotta Cheese and spread evenly.
- Pour your Basil Tomato Suace over the Pasta
- Add in your Shredded Mozzarella Cheese on top
- Place your casserole into the middle of the oven and broil until the cheese melts and bubbles a little. It will be around 2-3 minutes. Note: It’ll be quick! the cheese will burn a little but that’s okay!
Enjoy because I know that my friend I really did hehe